Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Beardless and Painterly

This morning I shaved my beard off.
It's been about 6 months or so. I liked having it because it made me look tough. Like a Mountain Man, which is handy when you live in Tasmania.

It was also good, because shaving is boring. No-wait. I actually enjoy shaving. It just takes time and patience to do a good job. But I'm not such a big fan of the blood. And trying to get the sideburns to symmetrically match.

Anyway,now that I am beardless, I look younger. We'll see if I get asked for I.D tonight.
Douglas (holder of the greatest beard since God) tells me I have now lost my powers. We will also see about that tonight.

Samantha wanted photographical evidence. I don't have a digital camera and my Polaroid camera is out of film. So I put my face on the scanner. Again.

BEHOLD:


I've also gotten back to my painting. Acrylic on canvas is hard! But it's sorta coming together.

My next piece will be back to watercolours on paper. Something I'm more (well I used to be) comfortable with. And it's quicker.

Douglas wanted to see what I was painting.

BEHOLD:



The area between the sax and the trumpet player annoys me. If I was doing this digitally I would simply nudge the figures closer together. Anyone got any ideas to how I can fix it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what do you mean annoys you????

i think the space is kinda cool - it makes the painting sit in two distinct hemispheres connected by music or something. more detail can be a mistake...i ain't no artiiste so do what ya like bruva

robin

The Frase said...

My intention was to have the 3 players unified. They are connected with each other. But the space inbetween and that vertical line of the yellow and the white wall, as you say, seperates them. I think I'll move the yellow border over to the right alot more.

Hmm. This piece is a real challenge. It'll be interested to see how it turns out as I'm struggling to find a style for it. I should just shut up and let the painting take over.

Thanks Bos.

Anonymous said...

Amazing how much better I feel after reading posts like Beardless and Painterly. Thank you The Frase. When you think about artificial fresh cut looking xmas trees, how long do you think that sort of thing would normally take?

Grace Garton said...

HA!! Spotted!!

Anonymous said...

I went to the dentist a few weeks ago to have my braces on. I' m still having difficulty in eating because of the wires. I also observed that I' m having a lot of cuts inside my mouth because of the wires and I consider it very undesirable.