Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Tunes Part 2

douglas says:
is your brain okay?
scott fraser says:
yeah, I slurped most of it up from the floor.
douglas says:
good. Can't have you sitting around like a brain dead mental retard now can we?
scott fraser says:
hey, thats what I do BEST!
douglas says:
hmm...good point
scott fraser says:
..... and I haven't finished my first cup of tea for the morning, so I'm kinda looking like a dead mental retard...
douglas says:
AWESOME!! The Zombie plague begins at home
scott fraser says:
slowly.......wak...ing......... up...
douglas says:
heheh. wake UP MAN!! SLAP....SNAP OUT OF IT SOLDIER!! SLAP!!
scott fraser says:
The bachelor lifestyle is a hard taskmaster.
scott fraser says:
We had a public holiday yesterday.
douglas says:
yeah so did we
scott fraser says:
oh, cool.
douglas says:
i drank red wine and painted while jen sewed and sewed
scott fraser says:
cool. I seemed to drink alot of beer. Actually I had a jammed packed weekend.
scott fraser says:
Saw the Violent Femmes on friday night. Do you like them?
douglas says:
Yeah...i saw them years ago...seriously like Year 12 ages ago
scott fraser says:
I've never seen them, or owned any of their stuff.
scott fraser says:
But I know the singles.
scott fraser says:
It was a good gig. Lots of old people..
douglas says:
yeah. I've got one album...
scott fraser says:
Really good musco's.
douglas says:
yeah they were good fun...the drummer broke his kit when we saw them and started playing on a cardboard box
scott fraser says:
yeah, the drummer was fantastic, as was the bass player. And the lead singer (Gordon?) has a great voice.
douglas says:
yeah. Did they sing blister in the sun?
scott fraser says:
of course.
scott fraser says:
I was actually surprised at how many songs I knew, or had heard before.
douglas says:
yeah. They're one of those bands i think. You kinda know they're back catalogue if you have been around the indie traps long enough
scott fraser says:
I went with my friend Duncan. They're one of his all time favourites from back in the day, so he really dug them. They're the type of band that make alot of peoples top 3 list.
scott fraser says:
I'm thinking about writing about it on my next expose on diggsville.
douglas says:
heh. yeah...they're alright...i had mates at high school who really dug them. They're fun...but i don't think they would make my top 3
scott fraser says:
nah. I've borrowed a cd from duncan. It's good stuff, but I think unless they were there for you back in High School, they won't mean as much to you.
douglas says:
yeah pretty much...you should blog about this FOR SURE!!
scott fraser says:
I might just copy and past this conversation. I still haven't woken up yet and I've got lots of errands to run today.
scott fraser says:
and then I'll go into the Pixies...
douglas says:
hehe. I don't like the Pixies
scott fraser says:
See, I know atleast 4 people who have them as their all time favourite. And these people all have great taste.
scott fraser says:
I bought a Best Of recently to try and see what it was all about.
douglas says:
i like 2 pixies songs...and one of them they released just last year after they got back together.
douglas says:
the other is Debaser...but the rest...meh. I don't get it. A bit like Sonic Youth...don't GET IT PHRASE!!
scott fraser says:
Don't get me started on Sonic Youth. Man, I tried to see what was good about them. They have 2 songs I really dig, but the rest.... nah.
scott fraser says:
Debaser is a great song tho!
douglas says:
yeah Debaser is great...so is the one they released last year...but i don't get the rest. Sonic Youth are New York indie art rock bollocks
scott fraser says:
Monkey Gone to Heaven is a fantastic song also.
scott fraser says:
Kool Thing by Sonic Youth is a brain-oozing good song.
douglas says:
Bull in the heather? IS that the song? I like that one
scott fraser says:
Yeah, thats the other one. I've even SEEN Sonic Youth live. And i don't like 'em.
scott fraser says:
It's not that I don't like them, I just don't dig them.
douglas says:
so you don't like them.
douglas says:
you hate them personally
scott fraser says:
I don't hate them.
scott fraser says:
Whats the guitarist's name?
douglas says:
They said something about your mum i thought
scott fraser says:
Him, I hate.
scott fraser says:
I mean, after that whole throwing the church pew at his head incident...
douglas says:
you threw a church pew at his head?!
scott fraser says:
After he dissed my mum.
douglas says:
oh yeah...thats right...the power of christ compelled you
scott fraser says:
I'm listening to the Pixies now.
douglas says:
...and for what?!
douglas says:
(I'm listening to the Mars Volta)
scott fraser says:
I'm actually digging the Pixies. I can ......almost..... see... the light...
douglas says:
don't go to it Phraser...it's just sleep deprivation
scott fraser says:
But no goosebumps. Thats what Pixie fans tell you. They get goosebumps when they hear the Pixies.
douglas says:
bah. Thats the heroin
scott fraser says:
They're all smack addicts??
douglas says:
yeah...ALL of them
douglas says:
All pixies fans are smack addicts
douglas says:
pinko art student commie tree hugging fascist
douglas says:
...clucking they're tongues and saying "Oh the Pixies...they so GOOD...puff puff puff....Smack me HOMBRE!!"
douglas says:
sigh...well...i SUPPOSE...i should get to work or something
scott fraser says:
yeah, me to. Hey, I think I will cut and past the above conversation into the blog. It says pretty much what I wanted to, and it's funny.
scott fraser says:
Is that cool?
douglas says:
yeah...do i say anything stupid and controversial?
scott fraser says:
thats when you're at your best!
douglas says:
I grossly generalise all pixies fans as smack addicts...thats pretty cool

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funniest Phrase bit "It's not that I don't like them, I just don't dig them"..Phunniest Hilsworth bit "the power of christ compells you"

You kids maken me laff. And Dougy is okay to grossly generalise smackies and pixie fans...they LOVE IT!

The Frase said...

No Molly! You're not meant to LAUGH!!
You're meant to be educated! This is serious music journalism!



......but thanks for reading!