Monday, February 07, 2005

Son of The Mooch

Okay, so far The plan hasn't worked. I got stuck on the internet this afternoon downloading upgrades for Quicktime & Media player.
However, I've been talking on messenger to a friend of mine, and we've been discussing painting ideas, technique etc, so, really, it's like I've been doing prep-work.
This friend (who'll remain nameless for now) reminded me, that since this is a Blog, I should get angry. Specifically about Australian comics.
I've done a bunch of Aus comic work in my day. I occasionally still do them (either intended for Aus or international). I still very much love the medium. I enjoy good comics and I still keep up with what's being done by whom. I used to have strong opinions about it all, but these days I really have to struggle to give a shit about the politics.
I guess I still have thoughts and opinions (when you've got a steel-trap for a brain like mine, it's hard to stop....uh.....thinking..) but I don't really care to sprout my ideas over the internet. Take me to the pub and I'll dribble hateful, spiteful, self-righteous shite. (I may then get up on the table and dance then pick fights with midgets in the men's room).

So my friend-with-no-name let me quote him.
"Australian Comics all suck...even the good ones.."
"Issue #1 is uninspired. Greener Pastures: weak. Bug And Stump...who cares."

So in conclussion, Australian comics are rad!

Current song: "The Lot", Cruel Sea

2 comments:

That Damn Monkey said...

"Australian Comics all suck...even the good ones.."

Words to live by, for sure.

*waves* Hiii Scotty! Lookin good here!

The Frase said...

Right back at yah, Monkey!