Sunday, February 06, 2005

The Mooch

After 6 weeks on the road, I've finally returned to my Bachelor Pad upon the mountain! For some crazy reason I moved flats, like, 3 days before I left for Sydney. I think it was because at that particular point in time I needed EVEN more stress in my life.
I moved to the unit directly above me. Pretty much exactly the same, just in worse condition & more expensive. BUT- the view is vastly better! From my drawing desk, that’s in my huge bedroom, I look west over the city of Hobart, over the Derwent River, and towards the Peninsula (where Port Arthur etc lies). I intend this view to inspire me in my current "working from home, developing my personal projects" career phase.

Plus I have a balcony at the back where I can sit in a crappy armchair and sip gin & tonics.

Although I had an absolute blast in Melbourne (more about this later), and Sydney (mostly boring, but good to catch up on sleep, hang with the bros and suck up some summer weather), it's not bad being back. I would prefer to be still in Melbourne, but I'm not miserable here.

The air is clean, got some nice friends, and I just returned from a walk into town and ran into 4 people I know. Good people as well.

While I am working from home, I plan to be very self disciplined, in my work, health & eating/cooking. Last night I wrote a list!

It went something like this:
Mon- paint
Tues- paint
Wens- Sketch in the am, do web related stuff (blog etc) in the pm
Thurs- writing
Fri- write

Tonight I’m thinking about cooking a beef & coconut casserole from this horrible funky 70’s cookbook.
We’ll see how well my new routine goes. I may end up watching Soprano’s & Family Guy dvd’s instead.

Things to come here: Drunk stories of midgets, giants & star-fucking! Then I’ll be writing a desertion on the Auto-biography of Malcolm X and how his life, religion and search for truth relates to me, a skinny, middle class, white guy from the burbs of Sydney.

Current Music: Herbie Hancock- “Head Hunters”

1 comment:

The Frase said...

We'll have an old fashioned debate, circa 1962!!
I've only got a few pages left of MX, but he has seriously changed his views on the "whitey is the devil", and non-muslim American Black leaders (i.e Martin Luther King)are "Uncle Toms".
It's been a very interesting read for me on a lot of levels.