Thursday, August 03, 2006

3rd August

I'm quite glad that no one called me up on my offer to publish my anecdote.
On reflection if I hesitate- then it's probaly not suitable.
No one wants to read about my night with car-crashes, partying with my gay-neighbor, the naked 40 yr old anorexic widow of a politician, the homo-phobes, the gay club, the moisturizer creams and the angry 'Nam vets....

TODAY, the 3rd of August, marks the first year anniversary of me arriving in London.

To celebrate I have 2 treats!

This website is for all you guys who like to goof off at work.
http://www.workfriendly.net/
It makes websites look like word documents so you don't get caught at work! Neat!

And this is for all you Star Wars fans:
http://grid212.blogspot.com/2006/07/darth-vader-being-smart-ass-oh-my-god.html

Yesterday morning I woke up with a nice idea for a pirate comic. Not sure where it came from. I saw Pirates 2 a few weeks ago now so it's far from my brain.
In doing a bit of research for this idea I found out the reason why the English are called "limeys". It's due to the British Navy's use of LIMES to combat scurvy and Germans are called "krauts" cos the German Navy used sauerkraut....
I always thought the Soapdodgers were called Limeys cos of all the limescale in the water.
But no.

Did you also know that when the Brits say "pants"- they mean UNDERPANTS?? Reminds me of the cool elderly black lady working at the lounge in Vegas who accidentally spilt some of my drink on my leg. As she was apologizing she told us that she didn't call them "pants" but "trousers" because she was "from the old skool".

Aaaah... Vegas.....


Um... managed to see The Wonderstuff after all on the weekend. As we left the festival on saturday we saw that if you sat outside the fence you still had a really good view of the stage- so we went back on the sunday night to catch the 'Stuffies!
They were good! As good as they ever where- which means half the stuff they did was a bit average and the rest was TOPS!
So, y'know, that makes me NOT a pussy!

*phew*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My grandfather used to call trousers, dungerees! now thats a word! --- Tee

Anonymous said...

Yep, and 'pants' is also a mild swear word here. PANTS! Oh I'm sorry was that you're little dog I just ran over?