Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Night of the Living Baseheads

On the weekend we went to Richmond Park. At almost 1000 hectares, it's the largest Royal Park in London.

It kicked arse!!

Just continuous woodlands and open grass fields just 30 mins train ride away from Waterloo Station.

The park is also home to hundreds of wild Red and Fallow deer.

Walking through the old oak woods we came across a few big stag deers with huge sets of antlers. We got some excellent photos and video of them standing in front of us on the path. Just staring us down, before they bounded off into the woods. We also came across quite large herds of females and their young.

But, I can't show you ANY of this because that night our bag (with our digital camera) was stolen from underneath our feet when we were at a pub.

Normally we are quite aware and protective of our stuff when out in London- but somehow these bag-snatching-professionals out-NINJA-skilled us!

I won't go into the rest the night- it's too depressing to think about it and I'd rather try and stay focused on the great experience we had at the park.

I’d really like to go back soon and do it with bikes. It’s so big we only covered a quarter of it on foot. Hopefully I can get a new camera before hand and try and recapture the lost moments…..

2 comments:

ainslie said...

ninja fecking arse TWAT poo slappers. my book. my lip gloss! my wallet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is it sad that my lip gloss means more to me than my credit card? or just unrealistic? it gets me there, it gets me RIGHT, THERE!!!

Anonymous said...

yeh go on take bikes next time...maybe they'll get knocked off too! hell why not just take your bloody 21jump DVDs and leave them prominently poking out the top of your bag - you know so you can read the darn titles - no-one would come within 2 metres of y'all.
it is only right that your lip gloss ranks so highly - thank god you've got the sense to survive an attack of chill winds...
robin.out.