Monday, November 07, 2005

Tune-age

Here are some of the albums I've bought recently:

Verschiedene Interpreten- A Boy Named Sue Johnny Cash Revisited

Picked up this one in a cool record store in Berlin. Cash spent a number of years stationed in Berlin when he was in the army, and I guess he has had a big impact on muso's there. This is a tribute to him from a wide variety of German groups that ranges from country, rock and electro/dance.
Highly wunderbar!

Spontaneous Human Combustion- The Prodigy

Bootleg remix album bought from Campden Markets in London. Not bad for a bootleg. The Prodigy have a new Best Of.. album out at the moment with a bonus remix/rariety disc on the special edition that I had a listen to the other day. Not bad. This is almost as good and for a fraction of the cost!

Rum Sodomy & the Lash - The Pogues

I just HAD to listen to "Dirty Old Town" and "London Girl", so I got this album. Simply brilliant. Espeicially since there are a bunch of songs about London and a few about Australia.

Teenage Mojo Workout- 5,6,7,8's

Got this one from that record store in Berlin. 3 hot Japanese chicks doing crankin 60's surf rock and soul! This is probally their best album.

Complete Madness- Madness

Needed some British ska/type rock.And this was cheap in the store. 5 quid! Reminds me of when I was young and I used to watch The Young Ones. I really dig the song "The Prince". It's about an old skool ska dj/muso (?).

Ray Collins Hot Club- Honk My Horn

Only had a quick listen to this one, but it's pretty rad! Was given this by Toby, a swing/rockabilly dj I met in Munich.

Space Cadets- Astro-billy Rockin

Also was given this by Toby. Haven't had a listen to it yet. English rockabilly group who sing about space and peform in astronaut suits!

I've also got a Stone Roses live bootleg that I've misplaced somewhere and an old skool Louis Armstrong album I picked up in a 2nd hand store in East Berlin. The Louis album was a bit scratched but came in a rad metal tin case!

In other music news I'm currently listening to some Hoodoo Guru's. Man. When they were good, they were pretty fucking good!

1 comment:

The Frase said...

I like being called "The Frase."

Baggy Trousers is indeed a great song!