Monday, September 25, 2006

The Krauts, The Micks and The Skips!

So once again Germany remains RAD!!

It was my 2nd time there and really enjoyed:

The Culture- Bavaria has a different culture then rest of Germany- Old skool and long in traditions. For example it is COMPLELY normal for anyone to walk down the street wearing lederhosen. Really. Pretty conservative as well- but if you show a little respect for them, they’ll reciprocate.

The Language-for some reason I can get my head around simple German phrases as opposed to French and Italian.

The Food- lots of meat. Breakfast = Weiswurst (white sausage) Weisbeer (wheat beer) and giant pretzels. Lunch = Grilled sausages with beer. Dinner = Sausages with beer.

The History- Long, interesting history and exceptionally important 20th C history.

The current Society- The Greens party has been in power for a long time. They are great re-cyclers. You have to pay for plastic bags at the supermarket. Even in the busiest city areas you don’t have to lock up your bike!

My Friends- got one or two awesome friends over there and plenty of friendly acquaintances!

I’ve uploaded some of our photo’s HERE if your interested. You’ll find photos from Berlin and Munich 2005 and Munich this year.

Off to Ireland tomorrow. London Girl and I hook up with my jet-setting/inheritance-spending parents. Fly into Cork. Fly out of Dublin on Sunday. Have no idea what we’ll do in-between. But we’ve hired a car, so road-tripping and Guinness-drinking might be the order of the day. Try and catch some good Irish hoe-downs!

Then it’s back to my last 4 weeks in London!

Yes, that’s RIGHT. I’ll be back in Australia on the 1st of November!

As I’ve mentioned here sometime ago, I’ll be in Melbourne for a week- then down to Hobart for a week- maybe two. After that I’m not really sure as I want to get up to Sydney see the rest of the family and the Sydney crew…. But duties may force me back to Melbourne.

What duties?

Well finding a house to live in and a job!

THAT’S RIGHT!!

Some of you didn’t know that The Frase and London Girl European Adventure will be re-locating to Melbourne on a permanent basis!!

After much deliberation we decided we want a bit of the good healthy life. So hopefully Melbourne will rock it for us.

If not we’ll be back on a plane to Europe.

I’m actually walking away from a pretty descant job- which seems very crazy, but I’m hoping I can get something as good and enjoyable in Melbourne. I have a few options on the boil but none are set in stone as yet and might end up going nowhere.

So if anyone hears of anything coming up that might suit me, I’d be VERY happy and thankful if you could let me know.

Email on: scott at sdfraser dot com

Laters!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time in Ireland, Herr Fraser! I just had a quick peek at the pics. You and London Girl really enjoyed those white sausages eh? Cat's lookin' good as well, I miss those times!

Anonymous said...

Hey Scotty - ya know that I live vicariously through your travels!! (next year will be my year for travel, San Fran, Egypt, the Moon, etc)

Please get to Sydney before I head back to the States - I wanted to spend my birthday here (nov 3) - then will be making the trip sometime after then.. I dont know dates yet.

I really want to meet Anislie - Ill cry real tears If I dont!

Love to you both, Tee

The Frase said...

D- The White sausages were as yum as last year! Maybe tastier!
And Cat has quite smoking- cold turkey!!
She's looking good!
T- You'd better not skip the country without us getting there! Not sure just WHEN we'll get to Sydney as yet.

Everytime a tear drops from your eye, a kitten dies!