Tuesday, September 12, 2006

New CD's

At lunch time today I went and treated myself to some new cd's.
The following comments are based on ONE listen each, so they may not be FACT.


I've been after this cd for YEARS and I've seen it everywhere in London. I can't remember why I haven't bought it sooner but I am glad that I did.
It's full of great old skool beats and funky samples and is ACE!
Johnny Cash's last recording (except for the OTHER last recording that'll be released next year.....). It's not my faourite American Recordings, but it's Johnny Cash, so thats still GOLD! Quite mellow and soft which I don't like, but it's a testimant to Cashs' vocal storytelling. He achieves more power and narrative on his deathbed with a failing voice then others can only ever dream about.


Wonder Stuff's latest. I probally shouldn't have bought this with out giving it a listen as it's not terribly good. It's not woeful. But it ain't gold, and I don't have time for anything that's not GOLD! So now I'm wishing I didn't blow 13 quid on it. I think I was pressured into it by Maggie and Dogpossum calling me a pussy ages ago....



WORDS HURT!!!

1 comment:

dee said...

Let me hear a full report on the ultramagnetic mc's- critical beatdown cd. I'm intrigued