Thursday, March 09, 2006

Out with the furries. Down with the kids.

I've finished up on the animals for now.
After numerous monkey animations and an interactive game featuring polarbears, dogs, cats, pigs, penguins, angry rabbits, hip foxes, crazy roosters and a business badger, I've moved onto the next project.
Learn to speak Spanish!
Should be good fun as I've always wanted to speak Spanish!
But instead of drawing animals, I've now gotto draw "cool kids". What does an old, grumpy and cynical jazzbo know about cool kids? Do the kids still even say "cool"? It's like they speak another language!

I'm having a bo-peep at manga style- or more specifically- spanish manga style.

IN OTHER NEWS:

I'm moving house on the weekend! After 8 months of traveling, hotels, couch hopping & house sitting I'm finally getting a pad of my own. Mine and 3 foxy women. But my name will be on the lease- so Hobo Frase TRULY no more!
Moving to a funky flat in an ex-council flat. (you should've seen some of the crackhouses and ghetto's we looked at!)
Will be in the suburb of Borough, down the road from London Bridge and a stones throw from the cbd.
So... all those good samaritians who've sheltered me in the past- I can now recipricate.
Sam & Dave, Barry & Squeeze, Doug & Jen, Iris, Dave & Shan, Cat, C-man, Leah, Doris, Anika, Sarah, Ed, um..... I know I've probally forgotten some one..... but if you're ever this way- drop me a line!

....cool...?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

u r cool scotty, and shall remain so for a while yet, I need to remind your city slickin' ass that the seasons have nuttin to do with the gregorian calendar but are based on the lunar cycle, and you may have noticed that the moon was full last night and night before...thus, the last full moon of our summer and your winter. The next new moon - in about 8 days or so - heralds the beginning of a new season so suck it in baby coz u & i both know that your springs suck whereas our autumn is quite possibly the very best weather Sydney has to offer. but enough petty season envy. congrats big time bucko on your awards and all that jazz. and as ever we loves you "from a distance"...robin ;>

Anonymous said...

u r cool scotty, and shall remain so for a while yet, I need to remind your city slickin' ass that the seasons have nuttin to do with the gregorian calendar but are based on the lunar cycle, and you may have noticed that the moon was full last night and night before...thus, the last full moon of our summer and your winter. The next new moon - in about 8 days or so - heralds the beginning of a new season so suck it in baby coz u & i both know that your springs suck whereas our autumn is quite possibly the very best weather Sydney has to offer. but enough petty season envy. congrats big time bucko on your awards and all that jazz. and as ever we loves you "from a distance"...robin ;>

The Frase said...

I've got such serious Sydney pinning/envy at the moment!

Who'd a thunk it?