Friday, March 24, 2006

Fine men

Did you know that The Hoodoo Guru's have a song called "Gene Hackman"?
It is about the actor.

"He can be anything that he wants,
Gene Hackman- what a guy,
He can bring a tear to your eye,
What a guy,
Gene Hackman..."

And on it goes...


ALSO when I was in New York last year and enjoying the hospitality of C-Man, we did a bit of music swapping.
He made a folder on my I.River called "Christian is a fine man". Alot of celtic folk/punk, hip-hop, cowboy and Nick Cave tracks.
I'm still digesting all the various hip-hop and came across 2 tracks yesterday that I hadn't listened to. I've got a pretty broad and open mind and consider myself hard to shock, BUT...

Have you ever heard "Lick My Arse" and "Girls Would You Like To Fuck Tonight" both by Kool Keith???

They could be the most sexual, perverse and NON-misogynistic rap tunes I've heard!

I read last night that Kool Kieth is playing in London in May.

No comments: