Saturday, June 18, 2005

Things I seen that pleases:

DIG: Last week I took a break from work in the afternoon. Sat on the couch with a cup of tea and turned the tv on.
Flicking over to the ABC I catch the very end of some show. Then the next little cartoon starts. The opening title sequence was very familiar to me, but it took a little while to work out why.
It was an episode of Blue Rocket's TIME CRACKS!


I was Production Designer, StoryBoard Artist and 2D animator on all of the 24 episodes (actually there was another 'boarder aswell).

I know these cartoons inside and out, so it was weird to have that moment of "where do I know these from....".
Being the first time I've seen them on actual broadcast air was kinda weird but cool aswell. My character designs, my drawings, being beamed all round the country!!
Was cool!

DIG: The soon-2-b Mrs Monkey Mattay made me laugh my guts out this morning! Funniest thing I've seen in awhile!! Go check her out in all her raddness!!

DIG: I saw Batman Begins on thursday night..... and i LOVED IT!!

GAH!!

Me, actually really enjoying a superhero-2-film film???
YES!
I genuinely haven't been on the edge of my seat in a movie in a long time! I honestly went in with NO expectations. I'd heard good things about it, but that was the same things I'd heard about Spiderman and X-Men. While I did quite enjoy both those films, they didn't do much for me.
But I really, really dug Batman Begins.
The cast was sublime, and they actually, you know.... ACTED! The whole film looked great, flowed nicely and was just kick-arse! It wasn't cool because it was Batman in a film. It was cool because it was a good film about Batman!
I probally have two tiny quibbles with it.
Katie Holmes is too cute and Batman's mask made his head look mongoloid. Just two tiny things that stuck with me but did nothing to ruin my enjoyment of the film.
I may even go and see it AGAIN!!

(Whats the world coming too when I spend my last 3 entries discussing comic-things??)

GAH!

Current Music: Miles Davis- Kinda Blue

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw The Bat AGAIN, and, fuck me, it holds up!

The end is NIGH!

Anonymous said...

Katie Holmes is actually quite ugly close up - doggy eyes, u can have her TC. I like the way that Bale kisses her without kissing her - if you catch my drift.
As usual, UR right Scott, the mask was a bit weird in the cheek distortion, but if you go back to Burton's Batman, I believe it was like that then too. Nevertheless, the acting was really top notch, funny to see Oldman in such a non-mad role, but you know what else, the script was smart, dark, sufficiently minimalist etc. with that and a real coup de gras of art direction it worked. As for criticisms, the fight scenes were a little patchy, some were great, but some didn't flow well. Love it but.