Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Straight, no chaser.

If I can be serious for a moment..

Despite the debaucherous and sinful nature of my last two posts, my recent trip to Melbourne was mostly all above board fun.
I arrived on the thursday afternoon and proceeded to THE Holgate/Hook Tower. After seeing to some matters such as paying some bills, posting some packages and reaquanting myself with the Love Kitten, I headed out to Fitzroy via tram. By myself!
(actually as i was waiting for the tram doors to open, an old friend from way back when happened to hop out of the very same door! )
Anyway, i took the 112 tram instead of the 96 and I took a right instead of a left and got a tad off track. After a brief phonecall i got myself sorted and arrived at The Best Mexican restaurant this side of mexico. There i dined with Sam, Dave and Crinnie!
After that we hit CBD for some lindy hop!
Good music was spun in the old skool vein. Good and mighty fun dances were danced! After that closed I was asked if I wanted to go get a drink. Being the fish that I am (they like to drink), I accepted.
The drink however wasn't at a bar, but the 7-11.
Never mind. Under the intense neon lights I got better acquainted with Sammy's crew. The really nice Big Scott, DJ Doris and Crinnie.
It turns out that BOTH Doris and Crinnie are scorpios!!
Add to that the fact that Sammy was one, and i was in Scorpio triple heaven!
(See I dig Scorpio women! Im too afraid to ever go THERE, but man, are they great to have as friends!)
Two of my good female friends in Hobart are also scorpios. And I've also made friends recently with ANOTHER Melbourne scorpio chick!
Then on friday Douglas and I made plans concrete for THE World Tour and then I went to the British consulate to have a chat. You know. Chit-chat and discuss the state of the Empire over a cuppa!
Friday night we hit a gallery opening at a noisy venue. Very interesting venue, crappy dj's. Doug and Jen went home, leaving Garth and myself to scoff much pizza and await Shawnie! Then we went a funky bar (Melbourne is FULL of them!). Fleischer Superman and Felix The Cat cartoons were played. Got back to Holgate/Hook tower at a reasonable hour.
Saturday Monkey and Mattay arrived. Then we did the usual rounds. Minatour, JB HiFi. Proud to say I spent NOTHING!
Then we hooked up with Sammy again. After scribblernerds met dancernerds we went our separate ways. Sam and I went to see a band, Virus, in Fitzroy.
We weren't going to dance at all, but after only a few songs from the excellent Dixie-ISO band, she turned to me and said "If you ask me to dance now, I won't be able to say no."
So more really fun dancing was had!
Then I hopped a tram (all by myself again!) back to THE Holgate/Hook tower and The Party Proper began! (see previous post for details!)

So that was Melbourne!

And in other wrap up news:

DIG: A source from Canberra tells me there is a rumor going around the ACT that Schepell may INFACT be guilty!! This rumour (which was leaked from a Federal Department) says that she was under surveillance for sometime before her BUST!
So there you go. Not that I particularly care one way or another.

DIG: Von Helgate made The Melbourne Age. Much Diggsville ink has been devoted to him already over this year, so we won't say too much more.

Except i've been NAKED in that very room!

DIG:
The above mentioned Sam and I have some exciting interweb stuff happening. It's spunky glory will be unleashed any day now!

DIG:
Would you trust this guy to roam the world???

DIG: This saturday is the 3rd Annual 24 Hr Comics Challenge!. It's something I've never participated in before. I've always had something more interesting or exciting to do on a long weekend.(When you spend the week drawing, it's usually the last thing you want to be doing for 24 hrs straight. In the past I've either been away for the weekend, out having dinner with friends or just happy to hang with the girl.)
But this year maybe differant!
I've got a few ideas that'll benefit for time.
Theres the Toon Buggy story (although i don't want that to be so much of a loose, quick deal). There's the El Scorchio story. Art wise, it'd suit the time frame and state of mind, but the story needs some proper planning and research.
There are some other things going on in my head.
Every hour, do a page and have a drink. Watch it degrade?
Dunno.
Any writer-types out there want to jam? I'm looking at YOU Monkey/Jen/C-Man.


(Picture by the Uber talented Jase Harper)

DIG: I think I'm allergic to cats! Having the Love Kitten wake me every morning at 7am by rubbing and linking my face may or may not have contributed to my puffy, black eyes and sniffles. More reason why the species should ALL BE DESTROYED!

Current music: Jimmy Smith "Home Cooking"

1 comment:

The Frase said...

OK tonia. Just for you, and just because you talked me into it.

I've SIGNED UP!

I'm IN!