Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Death of Meaning.

I was just lamenting to Ainslie that I don't blog much anymore, after I spent some time goofing off this afternoon by re-reading past entries and revisiting old times!
I blame Facebook.
In the past if I had a train of thought on a subject or had an adventure, I'd think about how to retell it here. Where as now I'm thinking of how I can reduce my anecdote to a 2 sentence status update on Facebook.
This is where the future is taking us.
Also to blame is perhaps the fact I'm not getting into as many adventures nor having as many thoughts worth re-telling.

This post was actually going to be a rant about seeing a "news story" on msn titled "Paris Hilton Grocery Shops" with a bi-line "Paris Hilton goes grocery shopping in pink heels and leggings with a matching pink bag."


I really need to stop using Hotmail.

3 comments:

Dozka said...

Agreed! I've started blogging again and whilst rusty, there's nothing like some creative writing. Boo to Facebook.

The Frase said...

I've been enjoying your recent tales of New York city life!

Anonymous said...

bloody heck!
you're back!!!!
and about time too, it's good to read your ramblings matey:) how i've missed them. and to think i'd almost given up on you.
facewhat? still don't know that. stick with your blog and entertain us:)
d.