Thursday, March 08, 2007

Getting around!

I've spent the last week and a bit in Hobart!

My old stomping ground!

Went down for work- which was really neat! Back working with Blue Rocket Productions. As in the past really nice people to work FOR, and inspiring fun people to work WITH! As someone put it, "it's like having the family back together!"

It's a huge new project we're working on. Quite daunting really... I'll be continuing working on this from here in Melbourne.

What was also nice (if a bit overwhelming at times) was catching up with everyone socially. You can rack up quite a social history in 5 years in a small town. You can't walk out the door without tripping into someone you know...

The first day there I started to consider what it'd be like to move back there. The good work, the scenic city, the clean air and good food, the AMAZING local bands.... but after day 2 or 3 the charm wore off and I was reminded why I left there when I did.

So I'm back in Melbourne, trying to knuckle down and work.

Right now we have two house guests asleep on our sofa bed. Diane and Andy from Brisbane. You may now Di from such adventures as:
Also the NYE 05 DJ BATTLE!!

Unfortunatly round 3 of our battles will have to be postponed.

We're going to leave them to run havock in our pad on saturday as Ains and I will be heading to PHILLIP ISLAND!
My folks will be there. Bashem is racing his car down there!

ALSO, all Sydney-siders note: The Traveling Frase & London Girl Show will be in my hometown for easter!!

Catch-ups a MUST!!!

6 comments:

Dozka said...

I HEART THE FRASE!

The Frase said...

I HEART THE D!

Anonymous said...

presumably you and your geeky mates are across this development: http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/books/2007/03/why_captain_america_had_to_die.html

intriguing

see you soon easter bunny ;>

ronin robin.

The Frase said...

No, this is the first I've even heard about it. Haven't bought a comic in.... months!

My first reaction was "sales ploy". Just like when they killed Superman, Captain America will be back. Too much money is at stake. These are, after all, merchandised trademarks masquarading as fictional characters!

But maybe it IS Marvel making a statement.....although I always thought Marvel editorial to be, if anything, right-wing.

But... I don't really care much. Captian America was a character/concept that never gelled with me- even when I was actively buying/following Marvel comics.

Although a few years ago there was an excellant Captain Amercia series by Kyle Baker. Can't remember the name of it at the moment!

It caused quite a stink! Kyle Baker (an african-american writer/artist (a REALLY good writer/artist)) reasoned that before they tested the "Super-soilder Serum" on (a white) Steve Rodgers (aka Captian America), the US Military would've tested on black soilders.

He high-lighted the civil rights abuses of the USA during a time when they were fighting The Nazi's.

Black soilders were off fighting to liberate people, when back in their own country they were suffering the very same discrimination!

Have to dig those comics up and re-read!


Looking fwd to seeing you and yours!

dee said...

I love how Vanessa's jumping off that couch in that picture. That was a mad night.

Thanks for letting us stay Scottie! I started writing a post about my stay and it's turning into a crazy big post that I'm not going to be able to finish tonight.

And, well, the DJ Battle will have to be fought another day. But rest assured, the showdown will happen...

The Frase said...

Was her name Vanessa?? I don't think I actually spoke to her- we just had a bunch of amazing, couch hopping dances!

No worries about the stay! Hope you had a fun trip and that Andy looses no more WALLETS!!!