Friday, December 02, 2005

Mobile Media Revolution

In the process of tidying up/re-jigging my website (it's pretty much done- go check it out) I came across this interview with my old Blue Rocket boss, David Gurney. He's talking to Mo: Life about the mobile media revolution.
Quite interesting considering alot of creative arts is leaning towards that direction.

Also of personal interest to me was this bit:

mo:life:

Your 'Bang the Cat' character was born as mobile content, but word is that it has been picked-up for broadcast – can you tell us how that came about and what bang the cat’s fate is?

David Gurney:

"Bang the Cat" was a mad idea in the first place. I was thinking about minimising a concept down to the smallest thing it could be and ended up with: "There's a cat. It blows up." The idea really hit the spot and started selling well for mobile. Then Canadian broadcast distributor Canamedia expressed interest in taking it to television as interstitials (short form cartoons) and it's gone from there.

I was one of the animators (of 2) on Bang The Cat. 30 secs of madness. About a cat..... that blows up. I wasn't aware of the current progress in it's distribution.

So keep an eye out for it!!

IN OTHER NEWS: Sour cream DOES NOT make a good replacement for milk in ones coffee. Trust me. I know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

naturally like your website but you have to check the
spelling on several of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling problems and I in finding it very bothersome to tell the
truth then again I will surely come back again.


Feel free to visit my website; great point