Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Xmas and all that....

I was going to post 2 x-mas themed animated gifs that I did a while ago. (I've moved into a re-cycling-crazy household. So expect re-cycled artworks, jokes, posts and spelling mistakes).
But I cannot seem to link them.

One was of Santa ripping off his clothes- male stripper style- and then doing a nude jiggle.

The other one was a "Xmas... sux!" message. It had a boy pulling out socks from a wrapped package.

I was going to say that this years xmas will be a little of both for me this year. It's my first ever Christmas away from my family. In the last 5 years I've always managed to make it back to Sydney but coming from London is just a tad expensive and far to travel- especially since i am poor and I've kinda only just arrived.

Xmas posts and xmas whinging is boring. But I am missing my family a lot. I actually really enjoy my family's company, and I enjoy this time of year in Sydney. To me Xmas doesn't mean presents, santa, birth of Jesus, caroling or any of that. It means the one day in the year that I get to break bread and enjoy my families company and also taking a few days off to reflect on the year gone in the "comfort" of my childhood home.

So it's all different for me at the moment.

We will not have a white xmas. The weather in London is actually really lovely and sunny. Friends are coming over for a big lunch. I hope to get really pissed. I have a lovely songbird in the kitchen right now baking. I have some presents under the tree from my mum. I have a pretty good idea that they ARE socks! (But I also think there is the first DVD season of Deadwood which I am DYING to watch!).

So it's not the end of times, and I really don't have any reason to be a Bah Humbug!

So have a happy and safe festive season from everyone here at Diggsville!

See you on the other side!

2 comments:

Dozka said...

You have become such a good recycler I am SO proud of you!

Anonymous said...

merry chrissy and happy new year Scotty. All good things come to those who recycle.......smelly things too ;>
luv Robin xo