Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Recommended Reading

This is mainly a note to myself so I won't forget, but others might find it useful.
I recently asked around for reading recommendations for "important" and good books that I might enjoy.
These are what some friends replied:

#"Dunno about important. But recently read The Book of Dave. Loved it!"

#"Alain de Botton, "consolations of philosophy". It is great fun and quite profound at the same time. It's possibly my favorite book."

#"John Steinbeck's Of Mice And Men. Short little novel (so won't be a massive in between book). Story of poverty, the working man in depression America, friendship and fate! Excellent!

#"Rona Jaffe's "Mazes & Monsters", the *ahem* true story of depressed D&D players in the 70's committing suicide by getting drunk and (hence) lost in the tunnels beneath their uni. From the perspective of a street hardened PI who has an ethnic sidekick."

Quick! TO THE LIBRARY!

No comments: