Friday, April 13, 2007

Easter: Sydney

Had a brilliant Easter up in Sydney. Really jam-packed! We didn't have a moment to rest- but yet we still missed out on doing somethings that were on the list.

I was going to write up a blow-by-blow report, but I can't be bothered. Also it'd take to long as we filled practically EVERY waking moment doing something. Although it would also inculde a daily 40min drive to places, then 40min back. Sometimes we were driving for 2hrs. Holiday traffic!!!
But anyways, we did things like:
Giving Ains a bit of a tour of my old hood.
"Thats where I learnt to ride a bike"
"Thats where I stacked my skateboard and grazed up my face"
"Thats where we used to get drunk"
"Thats the street lamp we used to throw rocks at"

(Like most suburbs, there isn't much to do as a teenager so you have to create your own fun.)

Went to an excellant Art Gallery Opening for one of my favourite Australian comic artists, Matt Huynh (aka Stickman)
Caught up with some old friends over dinner, lunch and apertiffs!
Went out to the hotspots in Manly with my older brother!

Spent time with the famillius at the Fraser Ancestrial Homestead and at the weekender in the bush (bushwalking and chopping wood) .



and out on the water in Pittwater. (UK readers, Pittwater is the body of water where they set HOME & AWAY. )
We spent the night at The Basin, accessible only by boat- it's one of Sydney's best secrets!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.