Friday, October 20, 2006

The old blog has been a bit quiet of late which would lead readers to believe that nothing has been happening WORTH reporting on.

Nothing could be further from the truth. NOTHING!

Fact is I’ve been doing SO much I haven’t had a chance to sit down and write it out. That’s probably a reason why I’m behind on some of my emails as well. Got a lot going on!

I won’t get a chance to give a blow-by-blow description- but you’ll be able to read it in the lines of my face next time we meet.

However, here are some tasters of some of the FUN stuff that’s been happening:

From Ireland. Just 2 of the kick-arse castle we came across.

LOVED the ivy covered ruin. It was in an amazing location- in the middle of a cow paddock by the ocean. We were able to climb all over it.

The Hommies on the London Eye:

The latest exhibition at the Tate Modern’s Turbine Hall is an incredibly cool slide exhibition. That’s SLIPPERY slides!!

Carsten Höller is the madman/genius behind it. His vision of the future involves slides as the new means of transport!

There are 5 slides in all- each one coming from a different level of the hall.

Check it out:

Read more HERE.

And… best of all.. here is VIDEO FOOTAGE of ME being spat out of the level 4 slide. Check out my exit speed- that’ll give you an inclination of just how fast you go.

Also listen at the beginning. You can hear me squealing like a girl (but in a manly way).


The London Girls footage is the funniest out of all of us, but I’ll let her show it if she wants.

Next week I’ll have FIRM dates of the East Australian tour. Some surprises there for sure!

5 comments:

dee said...

I loved the photo of you and the posse. I really miss you guys. And those slides at Tate Modern?! They're COOL! Dammit when I went they had dirty corrugated iron shapes, scattered haphazardously on the floor. Needless to say, I was bitterly disappointed.

And you're planning an East Australia "tour"? Does that include Brisbane? Does it? That would make me happy! But if not, I'll see you guys soon. Promise.

The Frase said...

Dee- They really are a good bunch of people and we'll be sad to leave them too- but rest assured they are ALL well and kicking arse!

Sorry, no plans for Brissie yet. I should've said "South-east coast tour"....

Anonymous said...

You know Scott - looking at that photo of the hommies on the London eye it looks like you have your hand on my arse!!! :0 I'm shocked... I bet Ainslie is more shocked!

Actually I think it was on the railing behind you, well I hope.

Sarah

The Frase said...

trust me sarah, you'd know it if I was....!

Anonymous said...

Scottie if it were you would also be feeling my hand slapping across your face.... :)

Aww i MISS you guys... :(
Sarah