Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Highlands

The Littlest hobo is now in Glasgow!

Could the scottish accent be THE hottest and best accent in THE WORLD??
Nothing puts a smile on my face like speaking to the little old ladies who serve you in the pastie shops!

I was also served by some hot guy in a bar the other night. I couldn't understand half of what he was saying, but it was hot! (If I was into guys that is!!)

So what brings me to Glasgow?
A job meeting. And it went pretty well. Basically I got it if I want it.
Working for a small but up and coming multi-media studio doing Flash interactive/animation stuff.

Nothing too mind blowing, but it'll be challenging, sorta fun bread and butter work. It'll be for 2.5 months and will lead into more.

Plus I'll be paid well, and in ENGLISH POUNDS!! ££££££!! And I'll have the oppotunity to live in Glasgow, one of Europes culture mecca's!! ( and rent is sooooo cheaper here then in London)
For once in my life I can look at "spacious, roomy, upmarket units. Suit professional".

R-A-D!

But we'll see.
Also talking to an animation studio in Soho, London about a shorter gig. Unfortunatly there'll be a class between the two.

Later in the week I'll try and pop over to Edinburgh, then head down to London stoping in Birghminham to stay with Comics legend, James Hodgkins.

You know James? Inker star!
He inked all over John Mc Crea stuff thru Hitman and Batman and other things.
I met James a few years ago at san Diego where we stayed up till the wee hours at the Marvel drinks... uh, drinking and talking Sinatra!
(james has also just selfpublished Lass Vegas, a very cool, 60's atomic romp!)

A big Huzzah goes out to Mark Selan who turned 30 AND got engaged in Europe somewhere! I caught up with Mark for the first time last saturday in London, where we downed a few pints at a great, seedy English pub!

And shout out to long time Diggsville reader and commentor, Robin! On old and really good friend from 'da hood! We caught up for a drink in London the other day aswell!

Anyone else passing thru? Drop me a line!

Coming Soon: 10 songs that're rocking my headspace!

3 comments:

Matt Huynh said...

congrats on the job and the move!

The Frase said...

Hey, thanks guys!

Anonymous said...

that's so great, scotti! yay!