Wednesday, February 13, 2008

So it's my 33rd birthday next week.
It's that milestone age for great people to die.
Even though I think I'm pretty GREAT, I'm not really worried about meeting a fatal ending sometime this year. But lets see how it pans out.

Now I've been thinking about what presents I'd like. I know that some of you readers unfortunatly don't get to see me often- or at all these days due to the tyranny of distance. Hell- some of you guys reading this have NEVER even met me. But thats OK. I'll still graciously accept your birthday gifts. And what a GREAT way to integrate yourselves into my life!
So this is what I want (I've selected dvd's for ease):

Battlestar Gallactica season 3
Entourage Season 3
Six Feet Under Season 5
Walking With Cavemen
BBC Planet Earth
Austin Stevins: Snakemaster

Thats all I can think of at the moment- but surprises are always nice as well!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hate to be a pedant - no maybe i love it coz i'm right ;> - but you have well overtaken the age of premature death for the greats:

Jim Morrison, 28yo
Janis Joplin, 27yo
Jimi Hendrix, 27yo
Kurt Cobain, 27yo
Jeff Buckley, 30yo (outlived Dad so to speak Tim Buckley dies 28yo)
Alexander the Great, 32yo (close)
John Keats, 25yo
Tupac Shakur, 25yo
Ned Kelly, 26yo
Otis Redding, 26yo
Christopher Marlowe, 28yo (did he write all of Shakespeares' plays?)

should I go on?
Oh, OK then ;>

Sid Vicious, 21yo
Buddy Holly, 22yo (wow!)
Ian Curtis, 23yo (thanks for the music man)
River Phoenix, 23yo
Notorious B.I.G., 24yo (sad that I know it...)
Robert Johnson, 27yo
Oh and of course,
Heath Ledger and Brandon Lee both 28yo.

and finally, Percy Bysshe Shelley, 29yo.

Now you tell me.

What are YOU gonna do before you die big boy? are we feeling humble yet? huh?

Luv ya work ;>
RokinRoninRobin

Anonymous said...

maybe a brief caveat, they aren't all greats...

The Frase said...

So I can mark you down as giving me the Austin Stevens dvd, then Robin?

Anonymous said...

that guy is also a Steve Irwin Award candidate! and I mean that with total disrespect. they will die!

The Frase said...

.....but they make AWESOME television watching!