Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Star-fucking!

By popular request- the Star-fucking story.
I've a belly full of scotch, so buckle up kids- this will go off the rails.

Some of you may know this about me. Others may not. I have a famous person within my family. Very well known sporting person. "Australian living legend" etc, etc.
He is known not only for (seriously) being the best in his field in any life-time, but for his good-sportsmanship & off-court achievements. A genuine INTERNATIONAL champion. (That means that no-one in the entire world beat him in his prime. Think about that!)
He is my mothers' brother. My uncle.
Who he is isn't important.
But the fact that I've grown up with the concept of "fame" and incredible accomplishment within my family is. At an early age I remember going out to dinner with him, and having complete strangers approaching our table. Through him I've met/been in the same room with famous people. He counts George Bush Snr as a close friend. Has photos of him & past USA presidents on his office wall. He even was the cause of a potential presidential scandal during George Bush Jnr's first shot at the title. ( I tell you this not to brag, but to explain the extent of fame I've come across- pay attention kids- it'll make sense soon).
So that's fame. That's achievementt. That's power.
Hell, even my own father would be up there in anyone's books with achievement, gain and rubbing shoulders with the rich & famous.
So I've seen money. I've seen fame.
I've also seen and experienced poverty. I've seen & experienced failure. I've very much seen & experienced adversity.
The simple truth of it all is that you judge everyone on their own grounds. As individuals.
My golden rule is that dickheads come in all walks of life. People are people.

Ok?

So with that stupid premise out of the way, how does this relate to my story of Star-fucking?
What got me thinking about the whole concept of fame was my last week in Melbourne.
Within that one week I drank with American cult TV actors, flirted with TV Deva's, caught public transport with millionaires & attended gallery openings with national comedic celebrities.

Sure I could name drop & exaggerate my romantic trists. But when it comes down to it- most of these people were flash-in-the-pans. Barely blips on my screen.
Who I really want to hype up, name drop & spread the godly gossip about are the true celebs in my life.
Starting with the very beginning of 2005-the Sydney swingers. Kicking off the New Year!D'Lovely, unpretentious people. Shakers and movers!
My Sydney friends- Old School! Those that were celebrating the wondrous union of Robin & Nadia in the Swiss Alps & those that were holding down the fort back home. You guys are truly family in my heart! (Yo, yo to Steve & Thi for the "men-of-action" weekend).
Speaking of family- my family! I moved states to get away from you, but you are the reason I'd return!
Then we move south to the magical urban city of Melbourne.
Sam & Dave. Truly, 100% goddess & god! Can't do enough justice to how much of a crush I have on this couple! Not only did they give a week of their lives to me, but they introduced me to really great peeps!
Paula_H -a bonified TV rock-queen celeb! (she took me to St Kilda for my first time in 37 degree heat!)
From here, the mooch mooched to my artistic-padre/bestfriend! When in the trenches I choose to have Douglas at my back. Queen Janice puts up with a lot from our idiotics and I love her for it and more!
My personal hero, & drinking partner-of-choice= Big Daddy!!
Monkey, Matty, Dr Jones & Shaunie. East Coast! When the Zombie plague hits- we will live like kings!
CY for maintaining the bachelor-flat and HK action!
When you find yourself living on a small island on the bottom of the world and your life slowly unraveling, I cannot recommend a friend truer and loyal then The Dunckie-poohs!
Not only is he like a brother, but his whining about being clomped as a "nice friend" inspired this overly-sappy tribute to my friends!
All my love to the 2 special Hobartian sister-acts. For separate reasons. When we 4 get together, we shake the party-pillars of Hobart!

Is that it?
Did I cover everyone who may read this?
If I missed you, then know this= On this page I lie and exaggerate!
Speak to me in real life, and I'll gladly tell you my thoughts and feelings.

It's nearing 3 am. I'm drinking scotch, listening to Louis Armsrong's blues and fast approaching turning 30.

Please forgive this ramble!

Tomorrow I've some artwork to post.

Current Song: "All Night Long"- Sam Butera & The Witnessess.



2 comments:

The Frase said...

Yes I am old. One more day till the big 3-ooh!

And plans for a northerly migration are in the works. I think it has to be done!
We'll all get flats in the same building. It'll be like "Secret Life Of US" meets "Friends" meets "The Sopranos"!

Anonymous said...

i love you scotty!
you leave this island and i be sad.
but we got to live, dig!
you are a true and amazing friend!