Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's a very nice afternoon and I don't want to do any work- which is really bad since I've got so much to do. I'm looking like I might slip behind on a deadline and I've just been given 2 other jobs I've gotto do as well.
But all I want to do is sit outside in the sun and drink beer. Or maybe throw the football around.

INSTEAD I shall waste time on the dusty old blog. It's been a bit neglected lately both by myself and YOU! Nobody reads this anymore anyway.
I was just renewing online my library books and thought I'd list the things I've borrowed this year.
Lists are always an easy blog topic. I get to show off my cultural superiority and you, the reader, most luckily come away with nothing but disgust and/or bewilderment with me.

Here we go:

DVD's:
The West Volume 1
The West Volume 2 (Ken Burns doco)
Blues masters Volume 1, The essential history of the blues
Lone wolf and cub 6, White heaven in hell
Red Dwarf 5 : byte two : quarantine
Grizzly man
Vietnam (The Australian tele series with Nicole Kidman)
The crocodile hunter : collision course
The crocodile hunter Volume 2, Steve's scariest moments
Musa the warrior (Korean sword-fest movie)
Six feet under : the complete second season
The Sopranos. The complete fifth season
Six feet under : The complete first season
Eliza Fraser
The Wonderful world of dogs
American splendor
The crocodile hunter. volume three
Last stand at Saber River (average Tom Selleck western based on a Elmore Leonard book)
Walking with dinosaurs/ Walking with monsters
Gladiatrix (doco about a woman wanting to be a gladiator in re creationists historical battles)
BBC Great wildlife moments

Graphic Novels:
Daredevil : the man without fear! : decalogue
Jinx
V for vendetta
War stories
Y the last man : paper dolls
Tank girl
Just a pilgrim : garden of Eden
Planetary : crossing worlds
Small Gods Vol1: Killing Grin
Hawaiian Dick : the last resort
John Constantine, Hellblazer : dangerous habits
Y the last man : kimono dragons
The long haul
De : tales
Battler Britton
Spike vs. Dracula
Eightball: Like a velvet glove cast in iron
Freddy Lombard
Negative burn : the best from 1993-1998

CD's:
All is forgiven - Tex, Don & Charlie
Everyone deserves music -Micheal Frenti
April in Paris- Count Basie
Robert Johnson: the complete recordings
Grace Knight: Stormy weather
Duke Ellington: It don't mean a thing Vol. 2 ; 1930-1934 : classic recordings
Sidney Bechet : great original performances 1924 tp 1938
Sly and the Family Stone: Greatest hits
Best of G. Love and Special Sauce
Tex-Mex: the full enchilada
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion: Plastic fang


Bit of a mixed bag up there, but thats whats great about the library. You can try whatever you want without having to invest any money so you can experiment a bit.


I'm not going to tell you the books I've borrowed because honestly it's pretty embarrassing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bewildered and disgusted...yes, scotty's shock and awe campaign is underway.

hey, like with that Scotty on the radio picture, like what am I supposed to say. i hardly see your pretty face and there you were looking like a dickhead! I am not going to tell you that am I? it might scare you off next time we are in the same neck of the woods...

only ditto the bbc docos and red dwarf. on the other hand i missed american splendour - any good?

music: nice, but some shockers!

go the Greens - and i can't fucking wait to see JWH beg for mercy around 7pm on November 24. Die scum. Squash.

Love your work kid.
Keep on bloggin'

The Frase said...

American Splendour was really good!
Even though I'd heard it was a good film, I had low expectations. However I was very moved and impressed by it!
It's a whole lot more then just a film adapted from a comic.
HIGHLY RECOMENDED!!!

If I have to spell it out- the radio picture was the result of some deft Photoshoping wizardry. When I first saw it I was trying to remember when I'd posed for that photo!
And it might scare me off when we are in the same neck of woods except for the fact I HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU ARE!
(Although due to your lefty/pinko/commie/latte-sipping political views I can narrow it down!)

Pete Costello for PM!