Friday, June 23, 2006

Sirens

You know how you see on tv and movies the cops hit their sirens and weave in and out of the traffic, driving on the wrong side of the road and mounting the sidewalk?
And the pedestrians unawares- stepping infront of the oncoming cars only to jump out of their way with shocked/angry/surprised/frightened expressions on their faces- never to be seen or thought of again, and were probally played by the stunt crew?

Well this morning I WAS one of those pedestrians!!

I stepped out on the main road cheekily against the red light- only to have to dive out of the way of an oncoming police car with it's wailing sirens driving down the wrong side of the road!

And weirdly yesterday aswell- but it was an ambulance then. In the front passenger seat was a camera-man with the biggest video camera I've ever seen pointed a foot away from the drivers face. I could've sworn he was switching from talking INTO the camera and watching the road as he swerved in and out of the traffic.

As I sit here at work they're demolishing the building next door. Bits of debris, and glass are smashing onto the ground outside my window and my desk is covered with dust. There is a new crack appearing in the wall next to me and I'm told there is an even bigger one upstairs.
I'm waiting for a wrecking ball to come crashing through the wall at any moment.

Some one has put on the soundtrack to CSI- which I'm trying not to really dig.

It's all systems GO!

No comments: